[OS X TeX] Why does this hang so = [OT] electronic books

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 18:16:08 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Jason Davies <ophiochos at gmail.com> wrote:

> the vast majority of the cost of a book is the preparation.

I am really surprised. My experience is that all typesetting is done
by the author. It may be another story with textbooks but for research
monographs!
The same story with journals. Reviewers AFAIK are free

> Actually
> printing and distritubing is fairly trivial (eg the friends I have who run a
> press say it costs about £3-4 to produce a hardback.)

Well, there is transportation too.

Victor

---------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------