[OS X TeX] Hypertext run non-pdf file won't work under Preview.app

Gilberto ah.gilberto.c at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 18:31:52 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've been trying to make a pdf file to control a number of documents
that I put in a directory next to the master pdf by using hyperref and
MacTeX 2008. Most of the documents are pdfs themselves, and they open
perfectly. However, one of them is a database file (I tested and had
the same issue with a tex file). I could make Acrobat open the link,
but not Preview.app nor Skim.app. Is this a problem with my code, or
with Preview and Skim?

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\begin{document}
\href{run:./myDirectory/test.tex}{click here}
\end{document}

Gilberto Conde
ah.gilberto.c at gmail.com