[OS X TeX] Snow Leopard and locator

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 8 07:17:07 EDT 2009

On Sep 7, 2009, at 9:06 PM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2009, at 8:47 PM, Michael Sharpe wrote:
>
>> I couldn't see how to make Find search for system files in Snow
>> Leopard,
>
> Start a search in the find field in a finder window or start a
> spotlight search
>
> Click on the "+" sign next to the search field
>
> Under "Kind" under the search field in the finder window choose
> "system files"
>
> . . .
>
> Is this what you are looking for?

That is not one of the default choices under Kind. To make it appear
on the list click on Kind and choose Other... which will give you a
long list of choices. Scroll down to System Files and check the box on
the right side by that name. Now System Files will appear on the
default Kind list.

Now... does anyone know how to lock it on so I don't have to choose
System Files and Include each time I do a Find.

By the way... the search is very fast and I've been using it rather
than Locate (which takes a long time to open on Intel systems since
Rosetta has to load) and having to rebuild the database.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)