[OS X TeX] Preparing THE update

Christoph Hoh lists.ch at t-online.de
Thu Sep 3 05:33:35 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I am currently running Mac OS X 10.4.11 with MacTex-2007 on a
MacBook. Everything is fine regarding TeX.

Now, I 'd like to upgrade from Tiger to Snow Leopard without giving
up a nice working TeX installation.

Acording to you, what is the best option?

1. Waiting for the MacTex-2009 distribution prior to upgrade to Snow
Leopard and then updating both (OS and TeX distribution)?
2. Using MacTeX-2007 on Snow Leopard (if feasible)?
3. Upgrading to Snow Leopard and then installing MacTex-2008 (or vice
versa)?

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice!

Regards, Christoph