[OS X TeX] Excel tables to LaTeX - new script

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Sun Sep 13 20:40:48 EDT 2009

At 10:22 AM +0200 9/13/09, Timothy Van Zandt wrote:
>This works perfectly and is a real time-saver. Thanks!!
>
>It is a more general-purpose tool than you say. It converts any text in the
>clipboard that is delimited by tab and cr.
>
>I tried it with another spreadsheet program, Quantrix, and it didn't recognize
>the new lines. I disovered that Quantrix copies stuff to the clipboard ending
>lines in nl rather than cr. Perhaps you'd like to change the script so that it
>it works with either nl or cl or nl-cr.

Thanks for the suggestion.  It's an easy enough fix. I've changed the
script and now renamed it csv2latex (which will also allow me to put
it on CTAN without any name conflict.) The change also allows the
script to work with Open Office Calc, which was a previous limitation.

Since Quantrix is proprietary, could you test it out and report back
to me  that it works?  I've tested the new script a with csv file
created just with nl in an editor, but it would be good to check that
it works with Quantrix.  I've  tested it with Excel, Open Office Calc
and Numbers, and it works with all.  I think that the Calc format is
the same as the Quantrix format.

The new script (with updated documentation) is available here:

<https://www.msu.edu/~amunn/latex/csv2latex.zip>

When I hear back from you I'll put it on ctan also.

Alan

Alan Munn						amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages		Tel.
	517-355-7491
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824 USA	Fax	517-432-2736