[OS X TeX] new float categories

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:29:02 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Sandra Schwartz <
schwartz at interchange.ubc.ca> wrote:

> Thanks, I did find the new subfig ... in the end I just did a side-by-side
> solution and by brute force added a line for the (a) and (b) exhibits
>
> TexShop is not finding my new styles unless they are in the folder I am
> working with ... I tried putting them in my library texmf folder but that
> doesn't seem to work
>
> Sandra

TeX (not TeXShop)  finds new styles if they are in the *correct* places

Read

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=inst-wlcf

Note that putting them in some correct folders requires texhash

On MacOSX usual way to store sty to be found is

~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/mycrazy.sty

or

~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/mycrazy/mycrazy.sty

(texhash is not required)

Victor