[OS X TeX] Bibliography Key

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Mon Sep 21 17:02:11 EDT 2009

Herb,

It has taken a while to get in front of my LaTeX Companion and it does not
appear to say in there that the cite key can have no spaces although all the
examples have none. Having tried it on a sample file PDFLaTeX failed to read
an entry in which I added spaces into the key and succeeded in reading it when
I removed the spaces. So the non-use of white space appears to be implied.

However, when I entered the key and put a white space before the key in the
tex file it was ignored. If I put a space before the key in the bib file, that
too was ignored.

Cheers
Alan