[OS X TeX] htlatex/gs trouble

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Sep 29 04:54:02 EDT 2009

Am 28.09.2009 um 10:59 schrieb Jan Hegewald:

> There were two problems with my htlatex run:
> - htlatex does not seem to recognize \graphicspath, which is very
> annoying.

Maybe you are defining it for the wrong graphics files... There is
also a safety option in dvips which prevents it from searching paths
above the current file's directory. The option -R0 switches this
behaviour off.

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/mn.html ?

> - if there are multipme formats of a graphic file (e.g. pdf and
> jpg), htlatex tries to include the pdf in the dvi.

Maybe you provoke this irregular behaviour... I never experienced
this, I was annoyed that tex4ht always was preferring bit-mapped files.

You can consider to load the ifpdf package and sort things out like:

	\ifpdf
	    <statements when producing PDF directly>
	\else
	    <statements when producing DVI output>
	\fi

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

There's something the technicians need to learn from the artists. If
it isn't aesthetically pleasing, it's probably wrong.