[OS X TeX] TeXShop bug with Hard Wrap

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Apr 1 08:43:16 EDT 2010

On Apr 1, 2010, at 7:23 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2010, at 1:49 AM, Ramón Figueroa-Centeno wrote:
>

>> Aloha,
>>
>> TeXShop has a bug when doing a hard wrap of a long comment, for example the
>> line:
>>
>> %\usepackage[colorlinks=true, pdfstartview=FitV, linkcolor=red,
>> citecolor=red, urlcolor=red]{hyperref}
>>
>> can get broken into (the hard wrap is tied to the window width):
>>
>> %\usepackage[colorlinks=true, pdfstartview=FitV, linkcolor=red,
>> citecolor=red, urlcolor=red]{hyperref}
>>
>> and not the correct:
>>
>> %\usepackage[colorlinks=true, pdfstartview=FitV, linkcolor=red,
>> %citecolor=red, urlcolor=red]{hyperref}
>>
>> Ramón
>
> Howdy,
>
> Ah yes... one reason I don't like hard wrap.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

On the other hand... if you really want to write hard wrapped lines YOU must be careful to break lines at reasonable length. Get out of the habit of writing long lines altogether. Like I said... one reason to avoid hard wrap.

I do agree that it would be nice if paragraphs obeyed indentation, even with soft wrap display. I'd also like to make Command Completion obey indentation.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)