[OS X TeX] Re: PDF Compatibility?

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno ramonf at hawaii.edu
Fri Apr 2 00:34:29 EDT 2010

Aloha,

On a related note, today I saw this when  I updated with TeX Live Utility:

Package: pdf14

Starting with TeX Live 2010, the various formats that directly generate PDF
will default to generating PDF 1.5. This is generally a good thing, but it
can lead to compatibility issues with some older PDF viewers. This package
changes the version of PDF generated with formats (based on pdfTeX or LuaTeX
in PDF mode), back to 1.4 for documents that need to achieve maximal
compatibility with old viewers.

Ramón