[OS X TeX] OT: Ancient things (was: Synchronization)

David Messerschmitt messer at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Apr 17 00:03:41 EDT 2010

When I was in Oxford, I was told about the small boy getting off the open-air tour bus. In wonderment he told his Dad, "daddy, daddy, there are people living in these ruins!"

-dave

On Apr 16, 2010, at 5:39 AM, David Derbes wrote:

> And don't forget "New College, Oxford"; founded in 1379.
>
> David Derbes
> U of Chicago Laboratory Schools
>
> On Apr 16, 2010, at 7:15 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

>>> Well, that’s not really old.  My family’s house is documented back to the 14th century (we are entitled to carry shield and spear in defense of the city walls of Kulmbach ;-), I live in a town founded by the Romans in 89 (and made a civitas in 98), my last car was a Saab 900i from 1990 (sold last year, still running), my work Macs are a PB G4 and a PowerMac G5 (and I sometimes use a Quadra 840AV).  Even so I’m using a constantly updated TeXlive 2009.  ;-)
>>>

>>> … with regards from Ladenburg:
>>>
>>> -MWL-
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> The conception of OLD and NEW are very different in Europe vs. the United States. I remember visiting a small town in England where the NEW Church was built in the 1600s; that would be very OLD in the United States and, most likely, would no longer exist.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

>> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
>> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

David Messerschmitt
Roger Strauch Professor Emeritus
Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
University of Californa at Berkeley
    and
Visiting Professor
Helsinki University of Technology