[OS X TeX] Re: compatibility of todo package with xelatex

Rob Rye rowenrye at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 22:57:51 EDT 2010

Alain,

I really like the look of the margin notes that the code you use produces.

I now have

\usepackage[marginpar]{todo}

and your code in the preamble.

However, I cannot figure out how to use query with todo such that I retain the hyperlinks I get when I allow todo to generate the margin notes.

For instance, if I do the following:

\todo*[sample]{This is a sample todo note.}\query{sample}

I get a nice margin note but no hyperlink, as the * next to todo suppresses that link. Whereas, if I do

\todo[sample]{This is a sample todo note.}

I get a hyperlink (assuming I am using hyperref) from the margin note to the todos list at the end of the pdf after typesetting, but of course there is no nicely formatted margin note.

Would I need to customize todo such that it recognized the command query as an option if I want to retain the hyperlink and gain the query styled margin notes? As written, todo will not recognize query as an alternative to marginpar (so far as I can tell anyway).

Rob