[OS X TeX] [OT] Preview.app search results

Jan Hegewald hegewald at irmb.tu-bs.de
Mon Apr 26 09:56:26 EDT 2010

Hello all,
please bear with me, this is a little OT (-:

I am using Snow Leopard for a while now. First I was not so sure, but now that I am reading through lots of PDF writings, I am pretty sure: the PDF search results displayed in the sidebar where more helpful (for me) with the old Preview.app of Leopard. With the old Preview.app, I could see the contents of the line containing the search hit, which was quite a nice summary. Now with Snow Leopard, there is only the name of the section where the hit occurred.
My questions:
- can one of the leopard users confirm this behavior with the old Preview.app (so I am really sure I am not imagining things)?
- is there a way to get the old search summary in the recent Preview.app (maybe I am just overlooking it)?
- do you know an alternative PDF viewer, which would give me this summary?

Many TIA,
-- Jan