[OS X TeX] Re: latex2rtf

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Apr 28 08:23:51 EDT 2010

On Apr 27, 2010, at 8:49 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2010, at 6:30 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> On Apr 27, 2010, at 8:18 PM, Ramón Figueroa-Centeno wrote:
>>

>>> Aloha,
>>>
>>> I know remember why I had not posted "Drop LaTeX2RTF" to my website before:
>>> there is a better alternative, namely "MacLateX2RTF"
>>> <http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/fischerk/LaTeX2rtf/index.html>.
>>>
>>> Ramón
>>
>> Howdy,
>>

>> Ummm... you need to install latex2rtf via Fink to use it.
>
> /That/ would be killing a gnat with a sledgehammer :).  LaTeX2RTF compiles cleanly as a UNIX program on OS X, as long as you can use Terminal and have Xcode installed:

Howdy,

I was just quoting what was on the web site. Personally I don't use Fink.

> cd /tmp
> svn co https://latex2rtf.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/latex2rtf latex2rtf
> cd latex2rtf
> make && sudo make install

I agree that is the way to go (although I downloaded the latest stable release, 2.1.0, at the project).

> Using latex2rtf development sources is generally very worthwhile, since releases tend to lag development significantly.  Note that you'll need ghostscript installed for PDF graphics inclusion.

I'll keep that in mind.

I tried the DropScript and displayed maths just didn't show up at all. Maybe I'm expecting way too much and maybe the internal version in the DropScript is quite old.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)