[OS X TeX] LaTeX on the iPad

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno ramonf at hawaii.edu
Thu Apr 29 00:04:48 EDT 2010

Aloha,

After looking at the possibilities available on the iPad, it seems to me
that the best option right now is Mides, a source editor that can do sftp
and view PDFs (it does not do color coding and the files have to be UTF8
encoded).

I got the author interested in adding specific LaTeX support (e.g. a "\" key
on the keyboard) and I suggested that he explore the feasibility of adding
SyncTeX support.

See this thread
<http://getsatisfaction.com/mides/topics/latex-1j7ej?utm_medium=widget&utm_source=widget_mides>,
and add to it if you wish. There he asked me if one could port a static
library version of pdflatex. My reply is that I believe that that would
violate Apple's policy of having no computer languages installed, but I
could be wrong. What do you guys think?

Ramón