[OS X TeX] file permissions

Daniel Becker d.becker at jpberlin.de
Fri Apr 30 15:51:04 EDT 2010

On 30.04.2010, at 23:04, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Did you install TeX Live via MacTeX?

yes

> The installer also installs Ghostscript and convert, from ImageMagick, in the process.

Yes, but I needed the full ImageMagick for a non-TeX project and so I decided to go for macports. And while I was at it, I

> Do you already have gs in /usr/local/bin/?

Yes - the is gs which is an alias to gs-X11.

> If so, you move /usr/local/bin before the /opt/... directory in your PATH variable.

But this would mean that the one installed by MacTeX is found first, right? I think I want to use the gs from macports and this seems to be the case:

Daniels-MacBook:~ danielb$ which gs
/opt/local/bin/gs

Not that I feel knowledgeable about PATH or so after my embarrassing chmod operation..... Mine looks like this:
Daniels-MacBook:~ danielb$ echo $PATH
/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin

I hope that there is nothing unusual here.

Daniel