[OS X TeX] Selecting Textual Part of a Line wo Carriage Return

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Aug 2 17:13:28 EDT 2010

On Aug 2, 2010, at 4:00 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> I have a lot of stuff that looks like
>
> text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1
>
> text2 text2 text2 text2
>
> text3 text3 text3 text3 text3 text3 text3 text3 text3
>
> which I need to copy-paste.
>
> Now if I double click on, say, the third text2, the third text2 is what is selected but if I triple click on the third text2 I get the whole line including the carriage return.
>
> Is there a way to select, and thus copy, exactly the four text2 on the second line?
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

Click to the left of the starting point and then Shift-Cmd-Right Arrow will select to the end of the line but not include the newline.

If you want to kill to the end of the line click to the left of the starting point and Ctl-K will kill to the end of the line not including the newline.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)