[OS X TeX] Tex to rtf converter

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 12:01:49 EDT 2010

On Aug 5, 2010, at 11:06 AM, <cfrees at imapmail.org>
<cfrees at imapmail.org> wrote:

> On Thu 5th Aug, 2010 at 09:42, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD seems to
> have written:
>
> I am sure that Alain was, indeed, joking. But the fact that members of
> this list are more forgiving of questions which people could easily
> research for themselves than many other such lists should not be taken
> as a licence to ask here rather than looking it up first. That's just
> taking advantage of people's good will.

Lest I remain the villain of the story in people's memories, let me
point out that:

(1)	I did not "ask here rather than looking it up first"

(2)	All I did was to respond to Dyballa's

>> You could as well create ENGINE files for TeXShop which would
>> process the open (La)TeX file

with

> I, of course, could not.

which, I will admit, could be considered "groveling" and with

> But, if that is all there is to it, why is isn't it already there?
> Criminal negligence?

where, as I already pointed out to Slater, I was just poking a bit of
fun at Dyballa. And then, still talking to Dyballa and still poking a
bit of fun at him, I added

> Also, since I have no idea what the above means, could you give as
> an example the complete engine which is in your own TeXShop?
>
> If you do, in return, I will go and help you create a dry-stone
> wall next time I am in Europe.

And that, a response to Dyballa, was my entire participation in the
subject of "tex to rtf converter". After that single post, I was just
being polite to people who prefer to read into rather than just to read.

Regards
--schremmer