Finding the Wiki (was: Re: [OS X TeX] Tex to rtf converter)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 5 15:32:28 EDT 2010

On Aug 5, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Gerrit Glabbart wrote:

> Am 05.08.2010 um 18:38 schrieb Adam R. Maxwell:
>
>> If links to the wiki/FAQ/documentation are posted, everyone will learn that there are more resources than just this list.
>
> That's good advice, but wouldn't that be more work for the kind souls who provide the bulk of the answers here? It's my impression that people are more likely to respond to a question if they know the answer off the top of their heads, without having to look anything up.

Howdy,

The problem, as pointed out in a previous e-mail of mine on this topic, is that one never knows or remembers what was said on the wiki or other web site. That means that if I want to send someone there I've got to go check to see if it's recent and correct (and possibly edit it, etc.) before I can send the person there. Often its actually easier to just give the advice again. And maybe it will strike someone differently this time around (assuming I'm not just copying it from a previous e-mail) and they will pick up the idea.

If everything on the web had to have a date prominently displayed it would be better.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)