[OS X TeX] Re: The microtype mystery

Josep Maria Font jmfont at ub.edu
Mon Aug 23 06:58:23 EDT 2010

Dear Robert, and all,

El 23/08/2010, a las 05:48, Robert escribió:

> Hi George, Josep Maria, all,
>
> the solution is to add the following lines after loading microtype:
>
> \makeatletter
> \def\MT at register@subst at font{\MT at exp@one at n\MT at in@clist\font at name\MT at font@list
>  \ifMT at inlist@\else\xdef\MT at font@list{\MT at font@list\font at name,}\fi}
> \makeatother
[snip]

> The two lines given above should fix that.

They have, to a great extent, and without having to abandon latexsym, which for other reasons (see new thread) was in principle not convenient for me! My 133-page doc, which previously typeset in

real	3m39.757s
user	3m37.741s
sys	0m0.151s

now typesets in

real	0m11.951s
user	0m10.563s
sys	0m0.060s

Impressive!!! Many thanks. And let me take this opportunity for praising microtype again: it adds that kind of typesetting excellence which TeX was initially aimed at.

Best,

JMaF