[OS X TeX] Who is using biblatex?

Nathan Paxton napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 2 10:17:36 EST 2010

	I just tried biblatex again (tried it a while back, but it didn't yet have a Chicago author-date style; but now it does!). It seems to work beautifully.

	One question. The style file has a database type called "magazine" (for the obvious and eponymous). My .bib file has this called "periodical", as I had altered a .bst style to deal with newspaper and magazine articles previously. Is there a way to tell biblatex that when it encounters the "periodical" type it should treat those as "magazine"? (An alias of sorts is what I'm looking for...)

Best,
-Nathan A. Paxton
Nathan A. Paxton, Ph.D.
Lecturer
Dept. of Government, Harvard University

napaxton AT fas DOT harvard DOT edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~napaxton
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
	—Mark Twain
(It's kind of cramped, too.)