[OS X TeX] Table Formatting Issues

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Dec 6 13:19:48 EST 2010

Am 06.12.2010 um 08:36 schrieb KHALID NADIRI:

> 1. How do I make my table captions aligned to the left margin?
> justification=raggedright isn't working for me.

Try width=1.3\textwidth (inside your file you will find this length,
maybe you define a variable with this width that caption's and table's
width are synchronised), and also justification=RaggedRight (to enable
hyphenation in the caption).

> 2. How do I move Table 1 to the top of the page?

By putting some text, an invisible ruler, under it?

> 3. How do I align Table 1 and its source note?

\hspace*{-.15\textwidth} ? It needs some non-automatic mathematics...

> 6. Also, why, in general, do figures and tables not respond to
> \pagebreak?

Because they're floats. And adding a [loc] specification at the end of
the line with the beginning of the float environment with loc being
one out of {b, h, t, p} (or capitalised) might make LaTeX consider
your wish.

--
Greetings

   Pete