[OS X TeX] Re: Latexian 1.0 Released

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Thu Dec 9 11:37:14 EST 2010

Le 9 déc. 2010 à 16:59, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> Howdy,
>
> It has nothing to do with what is ``best'' (in the eyes of the beholder) but a fact of life that people use all sorts of editors and many of them, either from age or by design, don't ``know'' utf-8 and most of those folks have no idea what input encoding even is. It's all well and nice if someone sends you a latin1 encoded file and you translate it to utf-8 but what happens when you send it back to them and they open it up in their editor and get what appears like garbage? Remember collaboration is a two way street.

Yes you are right but normally if an editor "understands" encoding, I think it knows that the encoding is latin1
 and when you save  the file It uses the same encoding.
Perhaps, it's not so easy ... and insecure so it's for that % !TEX encoding = IsoLatin at the beginning of the file is more sure!

Best  regards

Alain matthes

PS : but how many softs on the mac use by default applemac? The simplest editor "textedit" is by default
 with "automatic"