[OS X TeX] can't get TeXor to work at all

Rob Rye rowenrye at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 12:04:58 EST 2010

On Dec 17, 2010, at 8:22 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2010, at 10:20 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>

>> Am 17.12.2010 um 16:51 schrieb Joe Heafner:
>>
>>> I've tried for over a month to get TeXor to work for me.
>>

>> What is this "TeXor"?
>>
>> --
>> Greetings
>>
>> Pete
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Google can be your friend. :-)

I was curious as to how good a friend it would be in this case. The answer is "not very".

Google tries very hard to be smarter than the person doing the search. My first two searches were unrevealing (texor, texor latex), as Google did not want to believe I really wanted to find what I said I wanted to find (texor latex = tex or latex). Thus, if you let Google have its way with the first search, I am afraid you are only given the opportunity to learn about petroleum products. Though such products play an important role in modern computing, I have a feeling no one was trying to install them in their Mac. Then again, such an effort might well be as rewarding as the inquirer's attempts to install texor have been to date...

However, if you google:

texor latex

and then insist you really mean it, you can find out roughly what it is in the first link by following the links in the OS X TeX email to which it points. If you follow the link in that letter and then go to the very bottom of the page you will see a link to the author's TeXShop tools...

Answer: Texor is a drag and drop application to typeset TeX documents written by Ramón Manuel Figueroa-Centeno.

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/index.html

Rob