[OS X TeX] Xelatex fontspec Texshop and command line

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Dec 19 15:37:41 EST 2010

Am 19.12.2010 um 21:23 schrieb Curiouslearn:

> The following minimal example compiles fine if I run Xelatex in
> TexShop. However, if I run
>
>    xelatex filename.tex
>
> from command line then I get an error and no pdf file is produced. Can
> someone please help me understand what is happening?
>
> I ran
>
>    which xelatex
>
> at the command line to find which xelatex is being called. It outputs:
>
>    usr/texbin/xelatex

When TeXShop and you are using the *same command*, then it cannot
happen that the *same command* produces different results for the
*same file*. Except, maybe, the environments in which the command runs
are a bit different...

So: Check also TeXShop's preference settings! (And please include the
error message and some context around it next time!)

--
Greetings

   Pete

A blizzard is when it snows sideways.