[OS X TeX] Xelatex fontspec Texshop and command line

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Dec 20 08:53:18 EST 2010

On Dec 20, 2010, at 7:25 AM, Curiouslearn wrote:

> @ Richard
>
> Thanks for the explanation of why things work with TeXShop.
>
> @ Berend
>
> I think I have multiple entries for the python path because I have
> updated the Enthought Python Distribution a number of times and during
> installation, it just adds to the older entries. Maybe I should just
> remove the older entries from .bash_profile file.
>
> Regarding ContextMinimals, it is perhaps because I had it twice in my
> .bash_profile file. I took out one entry and there is only one in the
> path now. The problem is that this one entry still appears before the
> /usr/texbin entry. I don't know how to switch the sequence.
>
> @ Peter
>
> I am using the bash shell. I am using ConTeXtMinimals because it fixes
> some of the problems that are present in the previous versions.
>
> Can anyone please suggest how to get /usr/texbin before
> ConTeXtMinimals in the path for the bash shell. I tried adding
> /usr/texbin to the .bash_profile file both at the beginning and the
> end. However, that does not help. It adds it again to the path, but
> after the ConTeXtMinimals.
>
> Thanks.

Howdy,

In your ~/.bash_profile (or ~/.profile if you don't have a ~/.bash_profile) force /usr/texbin to the head of $PATH by inserting the line

export PATH=/usr/texbin:$PATH

and that should do it.

Just curious... is there a reason you need ContextMinimals since Context comes as part of TeX Live?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)