[OS X TeX] personal package : following 2

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 10:16:36 EST 2010

On Dec 24, 2010, at 9:04 AM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> It is bad enough that adults equipped with a Macintosh, TeXShop, a
> TeXLive installation and an internet connection cannot figure out
> by themselves where to put a personal .sty or a .bib file, but it
> is certainly better to teach them where to put those files by
> telling them to read in TeXshop's advanced help the section "Adding
> personal sty and macro files to TeXLive" (which might encourage
> some to look up TeXShop's help in the future when other problems
> will occur) then using another black box which copies the structure
> but still requires additional tedious explanations.
>
> Spoon-feeding adults should be avoided whenever possible.

Now, let me see:

(1)	A long time ago, my wife and I would buy an old car, say ten
years old, rebuild and maintain it ourselves. Eventually, though,
cars got to be too complicated for us and so we still buy old cars
but now we let the shop spoon-feed us.

(2)	In the name of not "spoon feeding adults", the current trend in
this country is to want to "de-socialize" it.

Should I go on?

Regards
--schremmer