[OS X TeX] Beamer: Footnote

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 13:30:40 EST 2010

On Dec 26, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Alan Munn wrote:

> Full working minimal examples make help come faster. (Yes, even
> than this reply.)

Well, I am not very fast anymore. So that was plenty fast enough for
me. However, next time, my minimal example will be "full working".

(1)	Is this normal behavior for the footnote ruler? The reason I
didn't respond earlier is that I wanted to tinker a bit. For
instance, I tried both

	\footnotemark<.->[frame]{} \footnotetext{This is the footnote text}
and
	\footnotemark{} \footnotetext<.->[frame]{This is the footnote text}

both of which didn't understand <.->[frame] with or without %
\renewcommand{\footnoterule}{}

I will go back to the userguide and try to understand overlay
specifications but I can live with no footnoteruler.

(2)	I had a related question which I will post separately after some
more tinkering.

Grateful regards
--schremmer