[OS X TeX] [TeXShop] input file and master doc compilation

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 19:43:11 EST 2010

On Feb 3, 2010, at 6:41 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Feb 3, 2010, at 5:34 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>>
>> I can thus typeset a chapter from both the Content file and from
>> the Control file. I typeset the whole book once in a while to
>> update the \addtocounter{page} in the control files.
>
> Howdy,
>
> But can you start a compile from one of your chapter files?

Yes I can. Either from the contents file whose %!TEX root = ../
Chapters-controls/\jobname.tex calls the control file (the chapter
root file) or, of course, from the control file itself.

> With the root set to .../\jobname... TeXshop can't possibly find
> the proper root file from within the Chapter file.

> You've always got to compile from one of your root files and those
>
> %!TEX root = ../Chapters-controls/\jobname.tex
>
> are not doing anything.

Your Honor, I am innocent: Nobody told me that so I have been doing
it for over a year! ;-))

Best regards
--schremmer