[OS X TeX] Arial font

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 11:58:09 EST 2010

On 2/4/10, Ross Moore <ross at ics.mq.edu.au> wrote:
> Hello JT.
> Sounds like you should be using XeLaTeX  as your TeX engine.
> See
>       http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/xetex
>> JT
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> 	Ross

Ross,

Thanks for pointing me to the XeLaTeX. It worked like a charm. With
minimal effort, my proposal was complied using Arial font, and the
metadata of the PDF showed that Arial fonts were used. :-)

The lines used are attached (copied from wiki), maybe useful for other
people who are not aware of XeLaTeX.

JT

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Arial}
\begin{document}
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
\textbf{The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.}
\emph{The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.}
\end{document}