[OS X TeX] option+I in TS 2.30

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Feb 6 16:44:15 EST 2010

On Feb 6, 2010, at 3:18 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> I have been using option+I as a shorthand for a mcro that prints \textit{|} but in TS 2.30 this has become a shorthand for "Show Help for Package...". Since I use \textit a lot more frequently than I look up help files for packages, is it possible to override TS's definition with my own?
>
> Themis

Howdy,

I've got a macro that gives \emph{|} assigned to Cmd-I which is NOT bound in TS 2.30. That's the command that usually gives you italic on the Mac so it makes more sense.

Also, the shortcut for ``Show Help for Package...'' is Opt-Cmd-I not Opt-I but I assume that is what you mean.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)