[OS X TeX] extrange error

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Feb 7 04:32:50 EST 2010

Am 07.02.2010 um 00:48 schrieb Ross Moore:

> This probably will not work, as it uses Ghostscript to do
> the conversion; yet it is Ghostscript that has been shown
> to be failing somehow.
>
> Similarly with Dyballa's suggestion.
>
> Better is to track down what is causing GS to fail, and fix it
> --- up-dating if necessary.

Ghostscript could fail because of the complexity of the whole PS file,
it could also fail because some EPS file is not real EPS but simple PS
and therefore alters graphics state or such. (And we don't know which
failures dvips introduces.) Converting them could, as you mention
later, reveal that (one) faulty file. Once they're all successfully
converted, to probably correct PDF, pdfTeX will work. Except there is
another cause...

--
Greetings

   Pete

"What do you think of Western Civilisation?"
"I think it would be a good idea!"
				– Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi