[OS X TeX] extrange error

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Sun Feb 7 16:37:36 EST 2010

Am 07.02.2010 um 20:33 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> As a side note, more recent versions of the epstopdf package (as of ?) allow you to re-program the conversion so you can use epspdf or any other ``on the fly'' converter.

... yes, that is what I am using in epspdfconversion.sty. For example,

\usepackage[bbox,GRAY]{epspdfconversion}

loads epstopdf.sty with options

    update=true,
    verbose=true,
    prefersuffix=true,
    suffix=-epspdf-to,
    append,
    enable

and then redefines the command for the actual conversion of the eps-file as

    epspdf --bbox --GRAY <file>

(this means that epspdf produces a truly grayscaled pdf with a tight bounding box. There are a lot more possibilities, like prepress,...)

Daniel