[OS X TeX] OT: kile LaTeX editor on OSX?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Feb 9 15:25:31 EST 2010

Am 09.02.2010 um 20:25 schrieb Alan T Litchfield:

> Run it under a X windowing system and install the necessary KDE
> libraries. The only thing I wouldn't do is use Fink but that is
> because i would prefer to do the installations myself rather than
> end up with a parallel directory structure in my system.

Me, I recommend to use Fink! At least on Leopard (10.5) I see these
three Kile packages:

    	kile	2:2.0.3-1002	KDE - LaTeX frontend
    	kile-kde4-mac	2.1b3-1002	KDE4 - TeX editor
    	kile-kde4-x11	2.1b3-1002	KDE4 - TeX editor

 From the latter two kile-kde4-mac *seems* to be Kile in a Qt costume
running natively in Aqua. The description of the dependencies looks
good: Qt, cmake for compilation, gettext for localisation, and of
course some parts of KDE4. When you start to build the package this
evening might well be installed tomorrow morning... If you first need
to get and install Fink it'll be some hours later, maybe noon. (And
don't forget to install – and maybe update from the Apple Developer
Connection, ADC – the Developer Tools meta-package!)

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Eine Fehlentscheidung auf Anhieb spart immerhin Zeit.
				(Helmar Nahr)