[OS X TeX] "Paste Spreadsheet Cells" and csv2latex

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 17:23:42 EST 2010

On Feb 20, 2010, at 3:05 PM, David Messerschmitt wrote:

> As one of those lazy users who just wants things to work without a
> lot of fuss, I was excited to find the Macros Help in TexShop 2.31
> describing a Default Applescript Macro "Paste Spreadsheet Cells".
> With considerable excitement I went to the TexShop Macros-
> >Applescript menu to look for it, and was disappointed that it was
> not listed. Assuming this refers to csv2latex, I then looked for
> csv2latex among the macro menus and could not find it either. Am I
> missing something simple? It would be great if this useful macro
> was available without a lot of installation fuss.

Being one of the laziest users on this list, I certainly could not
cast the first stone.

In the case of cvs2latex, I downloaded it, unzipped it, did something
else and created the following macro in TeXShop:

--Applescript direct
--If you change the location of the csv2latex script, you must change
--this script accordingly to reflect the new location.
set mainList to {"cells","booktabs", "simple","longtable" }
choose from list mainList with prompt "Choose a table format"
set tablestyle to result as text
do shell script  "~/Library/texmf//csv2latex" & " " &  tablestyle
tell application "System Events" to keystroke "v" using {command down}
--End of Applescript

At this point, though, I can't remember what the something else was
but since I am terminally install-challenged ...

And, unless someone beats me to it, I should have the solution tomorrow.

Regards
--schremmer