[OS X TeX] "Paste Spreadsheet Cells" and csv2latex

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sat Feb 20 20:27:46 EST 2010

On Feb 20, 2010, at 7:03 PM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Those users of TS who already have created their own macros and a
> corresponding order in the listing of the macros  might not be too
> eager to heed your advice especially if they only want to just add
> one macro.

Yes, I agree with this wholeheartedly.  It's not high on Dick's
priority list of features to add to TeXShop, though.  The recommended
procedure is to move all your own macros to a contiguous space in the
macros menu, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the thematic
arrangement that currently exists, which most of us probably just
supplement.

I haven't messed around with the Insert Macros from File to know
whether it can preserve ordering

Implementation-wise, I think the problem is that since we can change
any of the macros supplied, there's no coherent way to distinguish the
default macros from user defined ones, so having a separate "User
Macros" vs. "System Macros" file from a TeXShop point of view isn't
practical.

> I therefore suggest that TS has one set of default macros which will
> be added at start up in case no macros could be found, and a set of
> compiled Applescripts that can be opened in Script Editor and used
> as macros for those who want to handpick their macros.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here with your second set.  Would
these be equivalent to the macros found in the "Applescript Macros"
menu in TexShop or something else?

Alan

amunn at gmx.com