[OS X TeX] New Macros, new Engines, new TeXShop versions, and all that

David Messerschmitt messer at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Feb 21 13:23:30 EST 2010

> There is an adage attributed to Einstein who was once asked what would would be the essence of a good theory. Einstein's answer: "Make it simple, but not simpler".
>
> David's suggestion is certainly too complicated.

Perhaps you can find a simpler way to satisfy my "design principle", but I think the tradeoff of putting slightly more burden on the power user (if necessary) in order to make things transparent for the lazy user is the the correct design philosophy. Unless, of course, TexShop is intended exclusively for power users.

David Messerschmitt