[OS X TeX] eps/pdf conversion

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at engr.psu.edu
Fri Feb 26 11:50:21 EST 2010

It seems that there has been a recent change (which I just noticed) in the process of converting eps-to-pdf conversion using pdflatex+epstopdf along with \includegraphics{graphics_file} (<-- without the file extension). In the past, this would cause latex to use graphics_file.PDF, if such file existed, otherwise it would create it by reading graphics_file.EPS. Now, if I make a change in the EPS file, it is immediately reflected in the typeset output. Moroever, it seems that latex knows if an EPS was modified and only then it creates a new PDF. All of which seems too good to be true, so I thought I would check with the list.

I am on TL 2009 and TS 2.31.

Themis Matsoukas
matsoukas at engr.psu.edu