[OS X TeX] cmr8 not in mapping file

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 2 04:43:57 EST 2010

Am 02.01.2010 um 04:21 schrieb David Arnold:

> On my Macbook, setting the GS_LIB environment variable to point to
> the cm fonts is the cure. However, the sym-link option is
> interesting because it seems more permanent and perhaps something
> that the Texlive people can address

Both are a bit transient – with a new distribution you'd need to
update both (until a few weeks ago, when still running Tiger, my sym-
links pointed to TL '07 while I also had TL '08 and TL '09 testing
installed). And then new fonts can come into TeX, possibly making new
Fontmap files necessary and edits in Ghostscript's own Fontmap "batch"
file. It's all not really complicated, though.

--
Greetings

   Pete

This is a signature virus.  Add me to your signature and help me to
live!