[OS X TeX] edit spell check dictionary

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 2 09:58:14 EST 2010

Am 02.01.2010 um 15:07 schrieb Charles Pugh:

> How can I delete words from the Apple spell check dictionary used by
> TexShop (not the custom dictionary)?

How do you know that TeXShop uses something different?

You might look into ~/Library/Spelling. There you'll find some files
of which one could be the one which is used by Apple's SpellService.
The file's name should correspond with the language choice you made in
AppleSpell. I think Aspell is also using this folder. The file is kind
of a regular text file, the words saved are separated by ASCII NULs,
represented in text by ^@ or whatever your editor might choose.

--
Greetings

   Pete