[OS X TeX] PDF-window in TeXShop: buttons lost

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Thu Jan 7 16:37:15 EST 2010

Dear Herb,

this is really difficult to debug. There is still no straightforward way to reproduce it.

Am 07.01.2010 um 18:22 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> I've seen several reports of this problem and I'm guessing it has to do, some how, with the localization you are using.

Could be, but I have the problem both with a standard installation which in my case means that the German localization is used, and with a version of TeXShop that was forced to be english (german localization removed). And I guess Peter Pagin is not using the german localization?

> I wonder of it helps to disable and then enable the tool bar by clicking on the ``lozenge'' shaped button on the top right of the the window. Hmmm... maybe I asked this before :-(.

Yes, you did. But no, it doesn't help.

The problem disappears when only a few buttons are used, so the number of items might play a role. At the moment, Richard Koch's idea is that one of the buttons (pictures) has a defect and I try to identify which one this might be. :-(

If you have the time - could you use the configuration "default - printer + typeset" for a while? Maybe it is the "typeset" button?

But this is really stumbling in the dark, the reason could be something else.

Greetings,
Daniel