[OS X TeX] Print Oddity in TeXShop

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 17:56:42 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm currently using an older version of TeXShop (2.20, I'll upgrade in
a couple weeks when I get a new desktop machine) under 10.5. I noticed
a printing oddity, and I wonder if it persists in later versions and
if it would be considered a bug.

Typeset the following:

%---Begin
\documentclass[11pt]{article}

\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry{papersize={8.5in,6.5in}, top=0.5in, left=0.25in,
right=0.25in, bottom=0.25in, headsep=0.35in }

\begin{document}

This is a test.

\end{document}
%---End

Now do each of the following.

(1) With the source window active, use cmd-p to print.

(2) With the pdf window active, use cmd-p to print.

I notice two differences here. First, (1) gives me a pop-up window,
while (2) gives me a sheet. That's minor. More importantly, (1)
results in a portrait layout for printing, while (2) results in a
landscape layout for printing. I find this difference quite annoying.

So, does this persist into the latest version? Is it a bug in TeXShop?
(I think so, but ...) Maybe it's something about my setup?

Chris