[OS X TeX] Multiple-page editing

Wayne Richter richter at math.umn.edu
Tue Jan 12 19:01:44 EST 2010

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> I am doing a lot of editing these days in TeXShop Version 2.18-svn (2.18) and
> the fact that, every time I typeset to check what I have just done--which is
> very often, the multiple-page display jumps so that only ONE page is
> displayed is getting to be a little bit more than a little bit of a bother.
>
> Is there a viewer that would hold a multiple-page display still as I typeset
> from TeXShop that I could use with a minimal amount of tinkering in TeXShop?
>
> Hopeful regards
> --schremmer

If I understand correctly:

The problem occurs when you typeset in the two-page format, and the last
page of the display shows up as a single page.

What I do is put

"\vfill\eject"

just before "\end{document}"

This puts a blank page at the end of the document and keeps the two-page
format. Then when you have finished the manuscript (which more me never
happens) you can remove it.

You might want to put  "\vfill\eject" in twice to  sure.

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but hope it helps.

Wayne Richter