[OS X TeX] Multiple-page editing

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 10:32:07 EST 2010

On Jan 13, 2010, at 8:58 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2010, at 12:18 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> I am afraid that I did not make myself clear.
>>
>> In TeXShop 2.26 (Yes, I dared to upgrade.)
>>
>> Preview > Display Format 	>	Single Page
>> 							Double Page
>> 							Multipage
>> 							Double Multipage
>>
>> I am using Multipage, that is the pages scroll vertically. This is
>> nice when you have a paragraph starting at the bottom of one page
>> and continuing onto the next page. You can then scroll in such a
>> way that the "interpage" space  (between the two pages) is in the
>> middle of the screen so that you can see both the bottom of the
>> first page and the top of the next page and thus the whole
>> paragraph as if it were on a single page (modulo the interpage space)
>>
>> So far, so good.
>>
>> What happens when I typeset is that the preview scrolls
>> automatically so that the space between the two pages goes to the
>> nearer of the top and the bottom of the window instead of staying
>> put so that now you see only one page and to see your paragraph,
>> you have to scroll again to place the interpage space back in the
>> middle of the screen
>>

> Howdy,
>
> I know I've experienced the page display ``slipping'' upward with
> each compile when the page break was in the upper half of the
> preview screen. Probably even discussed this on the list.
>
> I just tried again placing the page break near the middle of the
> preview screen, changing the source and recompiling (as I remember
> --- you don't really have to change the source, just recompile)

True, you don't.

> and the page break doesn't move. I'm using TeXShop 2.29 but I have
> a feeling this is more a PDFKit thing than TeXShop and I'm running
> Snow Leopard. I just tested on my PowerBook running Leopard and
> again, no slippage when recompiling. So, maybe updating your OS to
> a Leopard of some spot color (10.5) might ``solve'' the problem. :-)

Now this is a VERY STRONG incentive for me to abandon the Tiger.

But first I am going to install TeXLive on my wife's iMac which runs
under Leopard and see how nice it is.

Now TeXShop is near perfect: all that is missing is the ability to
collapse sections. (Give them a hand and they will want your arm.)

Grateful regards
--schremmer