[OS X TeX] Texshop Engine

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Wed Jan 20 00:43:14 EST 2010

Dick,

There is no "source toolbar" to the right of the Typesetting menu. But it does appear on the Macros/Program. What is does is add the following as the first line of the file:

% !TEX TS-program = Distiller

So, that's good.

While I have your attention, can I ask you one more question?

Here is my attempt thus far at the Distiller.engine:

#!/bin/tcsh

set path= ($path /usr/texbin /usr/local/bin)
set filename = "$1"
set dvifilename="${filename:r}.dvi"
set psfilename = "${filename:r}.ps"

latex "$filename"
dvips "$dvifilename"
/Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ 9\ Pro/Acrobat\ Distiller.app/Contents/MacOS/Acrobat\ Distiller "$psfilename"

I'm trying to get Acrobat Distiller to process the postscript file. Everything in here works except the last line. That's where I am struggling. Can you make a suggestion that might work?

David.

P.S. On another note, even when I've closed filename.pdf, but left filename.tex open in TexShop, when I drag filename.ps onto Distiller, Distiller will complain that filename.pdf is still open. To get around this, I have to shut down Texshop completely. Any thoughts on this?

D.