[OS X TeX] kpsewhich not finding default TEXMFHOME

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Thu Jan 21 02:28:56 EST 2010

Le 20 janv. 2010 à 23:17, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 20.01.2010 um 19:45 schrieb Art Werschulz:
>
>> I'm now finding that kpsewhich doesn't seem to know that TEXMFHOME is ~/texmf.
>

> You can correct some variables in /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf.cnf. Mac OS X has some differences from other UNICes.

Yes in /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf.cnf you have by default :

% This texmf.cnf file should contain only your personal changes from the
% main texmf.cnf.
%
% Do NOT change values in the main file (which is in
% .../texlive/YYYY/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf), as YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST
% by later updates.
%
% If you need to make changes to texmf.cnf, put your custom settings in
% this file instead, which is YYYY/texmf.cnf.  And insert *only* your
% changed values.
%
TEXMFHOME = ~/Library/texmf

I think it's the file that you can modify

But more simple it's to put your texmf in the library folder

I have a old version of gnuplottex in my texmf and a new one in the system

and
[ego at mundus:~]
$ kpsewhich gnuplottex.sty
/Users/ego/Library/texmf/tex/latex/gnuplottex.sty

Best regards

Alain Matthes