[OS X TeX] Need help migrating machines

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 15:09:16 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm migrating from an old machine to a new 27" iMac (woot!) and I need
some help. My old machine was running MacTeX 2007, but I don't think
that matters. Here's what I've done:

(a) Installed MacTeX 2009.
(b) Copied over my old user hierarchy to my new machine. I did this by
hand because I partition my drive so my home folder sits on a separate
partition (/Volume/Files/~). I can log in and it seems to work.

Here's the problem. I can run TeX, but it doesn't see my private TeX
hierachy, ~/Library/texmf/... What's the magic incantation to update
TeX's path list?

Thanks,

Chris