[OS X TeX] csv2latex
schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 11:32:33 EST 2010
On Jan 30, 2010, at 10:46 AM, Alan Munn wrote:
> Hi, this is most likely the problem. (Just make sure that if
> you've changed the name from csv2latex to csv2latex.rb you either
> reflect that change in the Applescript, or change it back so that
> the Applescript actually calls the correct execuatble.) As the
> author of csv2latex I'd like to improve the documentation, if
> possible. The documentation does mention to make sure the file is
> executable, but perhaps I should make this clearer by giving the
> exact commands to do so? Would that have been helpful to you?
Since you asked for it, here comes the installation absolutely,
totally, ultimately challenged:
1) I downloaded the zip from ctan
2) I am reading "Using csv2latex to paste spreadsheet table cells"
Put the ruby script in some location where it can be found. A
logical place for all users is
/usr/local/bin. Alternatively, you can put it in a local bin folder /
example. Make sure the file is executable.
3) I can't find .usr/local/bin (I thought there was a way with the
Finder but couldn't find it) I suspect I need the terminal.
4) I copied the applescript into a TeXShop macro and it comes up but
then can't find the script. (Of course)
5) I think/hope Ruby 1.8 came with 10.4.11
6) Trade: If you help make it, I will write it up and you can have
it. (Nothing like a certified install-challenged to write idiot-proof
More information about the MacOSX-TeX