[OS X TeX] Adding a macro to TeXShop via an installer script

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sat Jan 30 16:21:20 EST 2010

On Jan 30, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> It's possible, but using a shell script with typical tools (sed/awk)
> has a lot of potential to corrupt the file (especially if it's a
> binary plist!). I'd use python and plistlib or PyObjC to do it…which
> still might not work if TeXShop had the file open for some reason.

Thanks Pete and Adam.  Your worries, Adam were exactly what I had in
mind.

But Dick thinks it's a good idea to add the script to the TeXShop
distribution, so that's what we'll do, and I'll avoid the whole
issue.  The script will still be available on CTAN for anyone who
wants to use it with other editors.

Thanks

Alan

--