[OS X TeX] [ANN] MetaPost Engines 1.4.0
nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 17:53:29 EST 2010
I am pleased to announce that an updated release of my Metapost Engines
is available for download at
I must thank all the people that have provided feedback and have helped
me fix bugs. A special thanks to Franck Pastor, for his many helpful
comments and suggestions.
What's new in 1.4.0
* Added support for SVG output. The engines can generate an XHTML file
for previewing SVG figures, which can be opened by any SVG compliant
browser (Firefox recommended). SVG output is available in mpost >= 1.200.
* Improved the preview layout. Figures are now centered both
horizontally and vertically in their page.
* You can now invoke an engine on a .tex file. This will cause the
engine to automatically search for an .mp file with the same name as the
.tex document and to compile such file. This workflow was introduced
mainly to support people using the LaTeX mfpic package and for
compatibility with the original "mpost" option in TeXShop.
* Now '% !MPOST' (with a single space between % and !MPOST) can be used
instead of '%!MPOST'. This to be consistent with TeXShop syntax for
* New '% !MPOST pdf' directive, to toggle conversion to PDF on and off
* New '% !MPOST preview' directive, to toggle the preview on and off.
* New '% !MPOST backgroundcolor' directive, to select a background color
for the preview.
* New '% !MPOST titles' directive, to show or hide all the titles.
* The mpost's log file is now renamed only if necessary.
* The preview in nv-metafun.engine is compiled using texexec instead of
* Added (untested) support for troff (is anybody in the world still
* Added a “debug” option in the source code.
* Some more example files.
* Updated documentation (be sure to read the FAQ!).
More information about the MacOSX-TeX